We are Event Spotlight (Producers of the Freelance Festival) and we take protecting and respecting your privacy seriously. Below you will see which personal data we collect from you and how we use it. By registering for an Event Spotlight event, your data will be processed as described in the below policy.
What information do we collect?
We collect the following information when you register for an event:
- Contact details such as your name, email address & phone number
- Details about your work such as job title and company name
- Comments and feedback you send to the events team
We also collect the following automatically
- Connection Information such as IP address and device information
Why do we collect this information?
We process your personal information for the following reasons:
- To process your registration, send your joining instructions and keep you updated on the programme for the event you have registered for.
- If you choose to opt in, we will send you emails containing on demand content, articles invites to events and webinars, courses and offers. You can opt out of these emails at any time.
- To gain a better understanding of the audience attending the event, so we can best cater content to be as relevant as possible for future events.
- Understand how effective our marketing channels are.
We may ask your permission to send you marketing information about future events and other services. You are able to opt out of these at any point. See the below ‘your rights and communication preferences’
How long do we keep hold of your information?
We keep hold of your personal information for a maximum of 5 years after your business relationship ends with us.
How is your data stored?
Our database is kept extremely secure, with limited access and password protected security, we take your privacy very seriously and we regularly monitor and improve our security procedures.
Your rights and communication preferences
You have the right under European privacy and data protection laws to request access to all the information we hold on you or restrict or stop the processing of your personal data. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us here.
You can select your privacy preferences when registering for the event and these can be updated via the ‘unsubscribe’ and ‘manage your preferences’ options on each of our email communications.
If you have any questions about our data protection policy, your rights or marketing preferences, please contact us here and we would be happy to help.